Online Group Courses
CLICK HERE to register for an online group course!
We are proud to present Arkansas Transit Association’s Online Training Portal. Through this portal, your agency can conduct group or individual employee training in the following courses:
- Child Passenger Safety (2 hours) ($15.00 per student (members)/$35.00 per student (non-members))
- DHS/DDS Transportation Training (6 hours) ($40.00 per student (members)/$60.00 per student (non-members)) (combines START Defensive Driving, Transport of Older Passengers & Passengers with Disabilities, and Wheelchair Securement & Lift Operation)
- Drug & Alcohol Awareness for Safety-Sensitive Employees (2 hours) ($15.00 per student (members)/$35.00 per student (non-members))
- Drug & Alcohol Training for Supervisors (2.5 hours) ($15.00 per student (members)/$35.00 per student (non-members))
- START Defensive Driving (2 hours) ($15.00 per student (members)/$35.00 per student (non-members))
- Transport of Older Passengers & Passengers with Disabilities (2 hours) ($15.00 per student (members)/$35.00 per student (non-members))
- Wheelchair Securement & Lift Operation (2 hours) ($15.00 per student (members)/$35.00 per student (non-members))
- More courses will be added in the coming months.
How online group training works:
- Your agency appoints an employee (the course proctor) who will manage the group training session at a time and location of your choosing.
- ATA gives the course proctor access to the course online.
- The course proctor manages the administrative aspects of the group training session (sign-in sheets, surveys, and handouts).
- The course can be presented through any internet-connected device (computer, tablet, or smartphone).
- The course must be presented on a TV or monitor large enough and loud enough for your employees to see and hear it.
- After the training session, the course proctor scans the sign-in sheets and surveys, then emails them to ATA.
- ATA mails a training invoice and course completion certificates to your agency within two weeks of ATA receiving the training session’s sign-in sheets and surveys.
- Billing for course proctor user account based on course registration, not course completion. Billing for all other online group course students based on course completion.
- Course proctor will have access to the online course for two weeks after initial enrollment. Course access extended or renewed upon request.
The Online Training Portal gives you a way to provide group training for your employees with the following benefits:
- Flexible: The group courses in the Online Training Portal are all on-demand; they are designed for maximum flexibility and convenience.
- You can train your employees anytime (24/7/365) and anywhere (office, public library, etc.) you choose.
- You won’t have to send your employees to North Little Rock for training or schedule us to travel to your location.
- Your employees can get required training whenever they need it, not just when it’s available.
- Familiar: The Online Training Portal offers group courses that mirror the instructor-led training experience.
- Students are all in a room together, enabling group discussion.
- Courses are a combination of narrated slideshows, videos, and quizzes.
- You can download and print out handouts for each course.
- We will mail a course completion certificate for each student to you.
- Students can email or call ATA with any questions they have.
- Students who complete DHS/DDS Transportation Training or START Defensive Driving are eligible for Defensive Driving Course designation from Office of Driver Services.
- COVID-proof: Group training through the Online Training Portal enables you to organize training in small or large groups, and with any safety measures that you choose.