Arkansas Transit Association - Safety and Training Coordinator Position
Arkansas Transit Association
Safety and Training Coordinator Position
The Arkansas Transit Association is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Safety and Training Coordinator. The Association is a professional trade organization whose members are urban and rural transit systems, paratransit service organizations, and other types of community passenger carriers across Arkansas. The Safety and Training Coordinator develops, implements and delivers transportation training programs to support Federal Transit Administration and Arkansas Department of Transportation objectives. This individual works closely with Federal, State and local partners, assists with association member needs, and networks with national peers.
Qualified candidates will possess the ability to provide leadership and to develop, manage and administer safety programs and materials. Other personal attributes desired are a positive, energetic and professional image with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The applicant should be extremely organized, reliable, detail oriented, a self-starter and able to multi-task. He/she must have the ability to effectively interact with others in both social and business settings.
Plan and promote a transit safety education program following local, State and National standards.
- Develop a training curriculum and conduct sessions to achieve transit industry objectives.
- Work with Arkansas Department of Transportation on transit regulatory issues, compliance action plans and reviews.
- Make recommendations to improve member safety performance, assist with developing internal policies, and help implement procedures to comply with Federal and State laws/regulations.
- Serve in a public relations role, attend meetings and special events, and provide informational services.
- Build and maintain partnerships with stakeholders to promote transit safety education.
- Represent the Association on outside committees and initiatives.
- Travel one or more days a week.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Project management and training experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently
- Good analytical skills
- Effective organizer and instructor
- 3 or more years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Experience in DOT Drug and Alcohol Program Management
- Certified as CPR and First Aid Trainer
- Certified as a Child Passenger Safety Technician
Salary Range and Benefits
- Salary negotiable based on experience
- Company car and cell phone
- Health Insurance and Cafeteria Plan
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
Qualified applicants should send their resume to email@example.com or by mail to: Arkansas Transit Association, 620 W. Broadway, North Little Rock, AR 72114.